- To fulfill our duty to Allah (swt) in adopting environmentally friendly practices.
- To contribute to the increasingly global effort to reverse the effects of environmentally-irresponsible practices.
- To raise awareness about environmental issues within the Muslim community.
- To demonstrate the environmental message of Islam.
- To contribute the unique, Islamic perspective of the environment to the national and global environmental conversation.
It is related that the Prophet passed by his companion Sa’ad, who was performing his wudhu’ - ablutions - and said: “What is this wastage, O Sa’ ad?”.........“Is there wastage even in washing for prayer?” asked Sa’ d;......and he said, “Yes, even if you are by a flowing river!” ~ Ibn Majah. Rasulullah صلى الله عليه و سلم was so strict about this that he did not allow his followers to even bathe in standing water, or pollute it with excrement and urine when they relieve themselves. He said: “None of you should pass his urine or bath in a water source.” ~ Sahih Bukhari. We have lost guidance. We have become too much of a consumer and a material society to recall, or adhere to, these rules. If only there would be more Green Muslim Teams. If only We can all practice and be Green. Green as our color Is.