The Greatest: Muhammad Ali

"I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want." - Muhammad Ali.

Whatever might be said about him: Muhammad Ali, will always be remembered - not only as one of the greatest, if not the greatest sportsman of our time; but too, one of the greatest revolutionaries that my generation and the world has seen! A man who has always spoken and stood up, for the weak and poor.
Not only, did he destroy the mightiest and most indestructible of boxers: Sonny Liston, Joe Frazier and George Foreman, but he stood up for his beliefs and principals against the mightiest: America!
"I got nothing against no Viet Cong. No Vietnamese ever called me a nigger."
 
That is what he told 'Uncle Sam', when they wanted to induct him in to the American army, to fight in Viet Nam! I wonder: what he would have said about Iraq and how he would have stood up to America's doings there - had this happened during the sixties. Even now, had he been as mentally active and sharp as he was before, he would have come out very strongly against Washington's 'war' (genocide?) in Iraq.

For me: Muhammad Ali, will always remain one of my greatest inspirations and role models. A man, who, I will always greatly admire and respect - not only for being the greatest sportsman of my time; but too, for having stood up and stood for, for most of what I value and consider noble.

Photo: Princeton
YouTube: A Tribute To Muhammad Ali

Comments

Roba said…
Hello, I would really like to contact you about something but I need your email to do so, and I can't find it anywhere on your blog. Would you please email me at roba @ itoot.net? I would very much appreciate it.

Best,
Roba
Anonymous said…
Hello Roba! I have just sent you an email. Do have a peaceful weekend.
Roba said…
I'm afraid I didn't recieve it :( Did you remove the spaces which I added due to spam..? Ghalabtak ma3i!

Popular Posts