Is Apple's Safari The Fastest Browser?

Most of what Apple says about its latest browser: Safari 3 (which has support for Windows XP and Windows Vista and released just 5 months ago), is true. For the last few days, I have been using it most of the time - and I have to say I love it! It has a 'blazing performance' just as Apple says; it's very fast and, overall, loads very fast, at times faster than even the highly acclaimed Firefox; and best of all and what I like most about the Safari 3 is that, it has a very 'clean' and 'elegant' interface. 'Cleaner' than any of the other browsers.

Gone are the days when we were stuck with Internet Explorer only; now we can choose from the four main browsers. I do love Firefox, but oddly enough still use IE most - may be due to having been used to it for so long; I don't find Opera that much to my liking and taste. As for Safari, I believe it will become just as strong and preferred as Firefox and its browser usage share, will keep on climbing. Apple is 'spreading its wings'; now, it doesn't only have the iPhone and iPod used Worldwide. I am certain that Safari will be used by even a much larger number of people as time goes on. And who knows: may be, it or Firefox will one day overtake Internet Explorer as the preferred browser.

Comments

nzm said…
Anything has to be better than the performance of IE - it's so S.L.O.W. that it frustrates the heck out of me if ever I try to use it.

I'm so old school that I still use Netscape. I just prefer it - the interface, bookmarking, tabbing and all. It's what I'm used to.

Makes it easy to see when I've visited your blog. I'll show up as the only Netscape user in your stats! :-)
Anonymous said…
Netscape is the odd one; very few people use it. I some times forget that, there is even a Netscape browser out there.

As for IE, whatever we might say - it still leads way ahead.

Popular Posts